The common cold is usually caused by a viral infection that can affect the nasal passages, throat, airways, and lungs. In addition, there may be more systemic symptoms such as body aches, tiredness, dizziness, headache, fever and effects on mood. You can help your child recover more easily and reduce the duration of a cold with the following remedies.
Select one of the following homeopathic remedies:
- Chamomilla – congested, cough, cranky
- Eupatorium Perf – achy bones, cough, fever
- Ferrum Phos – fever, headache, cough
- Gelsemium – achy muscles, tired, fatigued, fever
- Kali Bichromicum – yellow, green, sticky nasal mucus, irritable
- Mercurius Sol – fever, sweat, bad breath, nasal mucus, sore throat
- Pulsatilla – fever, cough, congested, clingy, wants to be held
Give the remedy in 30 c potency, 1 pellet every 4 hours until all symptoms are clear.
- Echinacea: 10-20 drops four times daily
- Elderberry extract: 1 teaspoon four times daily
- Vitamin C: 250-500 mg three times daily
- Zinc lozenges: every 4 hours
- Honey: 1/2 teaspoon honey three times daily (ideally Manuka honey)
- Hot water with ginger and honey
Continue giving the treatment until all symptoms are clear and then reduce the dosage in half for three more days to prevent any relapse.